Thursday, April 18, 2013

My First Blog Post

I decided to start this blog because I am so darned mad about this diabetes thing.  I was diagnosed with Type 2 about 5 years ago.  It runs in my Mother's family so I wasn't surprised.  I have stumbled through it with good months and bad months.  But a couple of months ago I had a really bad spell.  I changed doctors and started to really pay attention to my diabetes.  By this I mean actually checking my blood sugar thee times a day and not just taking the  insulin shots out of habit.  As we tried to adjust my dosage, my numbers kept going higher and higher and I mean HIGH.  It scared me but good.  So now I am going to do this diabetes lifestyle thingy by the book - or as close as I can get.  

Join me in my struggles and please feel free to add your complaints or suggestions cause we're all in this for the long haul.  

No comments:

Post a Comment