Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Diabetes Makes Me Mad


I hate having Diabetes. It makes me mad. I have to watch and count and plan and move. I feel like it controls me.

Some days, like today, it really gets to me. I’m not sure what triggers it, the extreme anger, but it comes on like a drop in my blood sugar. Completely taking over my every thought and physical response. 

I was pouting and reading my favorite blogs this morning when I came across Dave Ramsey’s current post. I’m sure you all know Dave Ramsey. He is a financial guru for the rich and the poor and I swear by him. At any rate, as I was reading about controlling your finances and I saw how the quotes below could be applied to controlling my diabetes. Read the two quotes below and insert diabetes, blood sugar, exercise or any relevant problem.

You’ll have to make sacrifices. You’ll have to spend less. You’ll have to be disciplined. That might not always be exciting, but it’s worth it.


The buck(s) stop with you. Your Facebook profile is what you make of it. Nothing gets on there without you clicking the Submit” or Upload button. If you upload a picture of yourself drunk and passed out, you only have yourself to blame. If you write a mean-spirited status update that ends up going viral, you only have yourself to blame. With your life and money, you reap what you sow. If you continue to make bad choices with your money, those decisions will eventually catch up with you.
 Are you getting the theme here? You are in control. And there’s no better way to control your money than creating and living on a budget. When you name every dollar coming in and going out, you’re in the driver’s seat. …
 






No comments:

Post a Comment