Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Stress and Diabetes




Right now I'm under major emotional stress and looking for ways to comfort myself. Bookstores and libraries have always been some of my favorite places.  Another great place to de-stress is a card shop.  

A few years back when I worked down town, one of my friends and I would go to the card shop when one of us was having a not-so-great day and read cards together.  We would end up laughing and suggesting various people that the card could be sent to (some nice, some not so nice people).  We did not always come back with a card, but we always came back with a lighter, happier frame of mind.  

PS:  My stress = youngest child and grandchildren moving to a different city.  Not that far but no longer in a "I'll jump in the car and see what the grandkids are doing" location.  The thing about stress is that it doesn't have to be rational to upset your blood sugar.  Mine is jumping up and down like a yo-yo.  

My attempts to balance it included taking the dog for an extra long walk, while performing healthy breathing and mind chants.  I also cleaned the h, e, double l out of house my last night.  I do feel a little better today and I will repeat the process tonight with some different chores and more mind chants.  "This too will pass." 

No comments:

Post a Comment