Monday, September 30, 2013

Diabetes and Holiday Celebrations




Some Holiday Celebrations lack the excitement they had before you became diabetic.  Halloween and Easter are full of candy.  Thanksgiving and Christmas are full of food.  What's a diabetic to do?

Since we all know chocolate is my down fall, the candy-filled holidays are the hardest and most disappointing for me.  This Halloween I'm going to fill my house with crafts instead of candy.  
Will it be the same?  No.  Will the crafts fill even a part of the candy-less joy?  I don't know but I'm going to try.  

Yes, as diabetics we have to relearn some basic principles.  I have to relearn that the holiday is not about the food connected with it.  It is the joy of the season that should be the excitement.  

I'll let you know how it works.   

No comments:

Post a Comment