Thursday, May 23, 2013

Diabetes and Thankful Thursday


Thankful Thursday. 

Today I am thankful that I wrote the post on exercise yesterday. 

Last night was the end of a rough day.  I took Buddy for a walk of less than 5 minutes.  I did it only because he gave me those sad eyes that said I want to pee on every bush between here and the corner. 

I literally only walked to the end of the block and back.  I did not work up a sweat.  I did not get my muscles warmed up and stretched out.  I did not take my hot soaking shower that ends my exercise period.  I did not take my sugar reading when I got back. 

Today I am in agony.  My law back aches which causes my legs to ache.  I feel frustrated and angry (Hello old friend anger) that I took the time to write a post about the benefits of walking and then didn’t do it.

Does it make a difference I ask my diabetes-self?  Most definitely.  To my back, anyway.  I do not know about my blood sugar since I didn’t take a reading   Duh.

I am thankful today for the lesson learned.  I will take my walks.  It will help my back and I’m pretty sure I will find that it decreased my blood sugar and that in turn will raise my spirits. 

Lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment